Friday 26 October 2012

How To Scratch Built a Ork Trukk Conversion

Everyone just assumes that orks is a very simple thing by putting things completely at random, and to a extent they are completely right, although you will find that over time you will want to refine your skills. And there is no better place to start with your own ork vehicle's as such. And that is exactly what I did below, although not a new project, far from it, considering it was done several years ago it's a good example on what can be achieved by spending a little bit more time and effort with your conversions.



I think for me this is probably the best bit of the whole model as its ork face looks very good and the teeth brings it all together.





Don't get me wrong I'm not the best converter in the world, or scratch builder, there is a lot better examples online, although at the minute I'm happy with my own ability, and as long as I am improving overall things will go from strength to strength. I am very happy about when I put things on the gaming table either at my local group or tournament they can easily stand toe to toe with anything that I've seen locally, and I think that's half the battle. So you don't have to be intimidated by anything that you see as long as you're happy with the finished article.

In my next post I'm going to show the finished truck fully painted so until then.

3 comments:

  1. I like that a lot - it's got a sort of "wacky racers" vibe to it! Best part about doing Orky conversions is even if it's a little rough around the edges it actually looks like one would expect an Ork vehicle to look. After that, slap some red paint on it and "job's a goodun!"

    Good work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this conversion. The heavy front chin really gives the vehicle a presence. I have always thought ork vehicles have real character, and I agree that it takes a little bit of care to get the ork vibe spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one awesome looking orky truk. Don't forget to paint it red though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...