Saturday, 25 October 2014

Time to finish off them little bits and pieces.

Hello all with any project at times there always seems to be little bits and pieces that you never have the time to finish off, and this is definitely one of them occasions. And it's also a good way to motivate me to get these finally finished and on the tabletop ready for my next game. Sometimes there always seems to be the time when you're missing that one boy from a squad, as you always seem to be focused on the bigger picture in regards to completing your army rather than concentrating on individual units one by one.



Also this was the first time that I was using a different technique to paint yellow and overall I am very pleased with the results in a later post I will go into a little bit more detail in regards to what I did different.


Monday, 22 September 2014

My Pain Boy And Tank Buster Ork Nob Finished.

Overall things have been quiet in regards to me posting regularly on the blog but it doesn't mean that my hobby time has been quiet, in fact it's the complete opposite as there is a long list of things to do. These were done a little while ago and I am only managing to get them posted up now on my blog for everyone to see.






Sunday, 21 September 2014

My Empire Hell Hammers For Man O War.

Finished my hell hammers for man o war yesterday, when I originally picked up the models on eBay they where missing their guns, so it was an easy conversion using some Empire bits. Plus I don't think you need the original metal models as you can easily just convert some of the original plastic ships that you got with the game to make them.



Monday, 14 July 2014

Converting My Old Ork Buggies, Into Twin Linked Rocket Launchers.

It's been a bit quiet over recent months on the blog so this is what I'm currently working on, and considering you can take them in groups of 5 it's now definitely an incentive for me to get them up and running.




Apologies for the bad pictures, as the lighting is not the best but hopefully it will give you a better idea of what they look like when there finished.





I'm so glad I didn't sell them, so it's to the tabletop we think we go.

Saturday, 31 May 2014

My New 40k Ork Mega Mek in Mega armour.

A Mekboy, also known as a Mekaniak or more often simply as a Mek, is a type of Ork Oddboy who serves as one of my armies engineers who build all the weapons, vehicles, and other advanced technology used by my Greenskins. So obviously a big Mek wasn't big enough, and it was time to turn him into a mega Mek.

I must admit I haven't been doing anything with my orks recently, although over the last couple of months I have been doing little bits and pieces, as I have finally managed to finish this bad boy off.




Obviously because he is so big he has his own Mek boy to look after him, as this definitely gives him a little bit more character.



And finally another couple of close up pics.


Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Lludus Gladiatorius arena in a tin part 2.

For painting I just kept things simple, as as always, I wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, and to start things off I simply put brown wash on the sand in the arena. And I decided not to spray and undercoat of black, as I want all my, colours underneath to be very clear and transparent. 


That's pretty much the first coat complete.


And that's the project pretty much complete, very simple and quick to do and the wood definitely makes it keep in theme. 



Over the next couple of weeks I will be looking at different types of rules, that I'm going to use in the arena. And as always there is plenty of other hobby projects needing my hobby time, but by no means am I finished with my gladiators, as I would like to add to my collection, and I've also got a couple more ideas that I would like to finish in the near future.

Monday, 26 May 2014

Lludus Gladiatorius arena in a tin.

There is a lot of examples online, of other gamers doing something very similar and bearing in mind that I thought it was an excellent idea I had no other option but to give it a go.


I decided to put formboard inside the walls, of the tin and then apply some plaster to them. I also use some sticks from the garden, as I thought it would keep it in character and a little bit more in the theme of the gladiatorial arena, in some distant land somewhere back in days gone past.


The entrance was made from cocktail sticks and some wood that I had lying around in my bits box, also matchsticks came in very handy for the door itself.


For the hexagons themselves I simply cut them out of a cereal box, and applied PVA glue some sand, let them dry completely, and then glue them in place. As this would make them stand out a little bit more when I glue sand into the gaps. As you can see in the pictures below.


Pretty much job done, and it looks like the gladiators are already starting to get some much needed practising.


So from the very start to finish this was very enjoyable and rewarding, now I just have to decide what colours I'm going to use when I finally get round to painting it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...