Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Only Way Is Up After The Arkham 40k Tournament

So over the weekend I went to another tournament and unfortunately came last, with a mixed bag of results, so I find myself asking the question why and where did it all go so wrong, I think from the very start I felt that the list I was taking wasn't right, I can only describe it as overcooked it tried too hard to do too many things which in the end made me pay in most of my games. Also having no firepower at my disposal definitely was a major weakness.

Below is the list that I took and although 6 battlewagons looks good on paper on the tabletop where it counts it really did struggle.

HQ [1] Wazdakka Gutsmek (180pts)
once again he looks good on paper but he struggled all weekend with his shooting overall definitely a major mistake over and normal war boss on bike

HQ [2] Big Mek Choppa, Kustom Force Field (50pts) [85pts]

Elite [1] Meganobz (40*3), combi-skorcha (5) [125] in transport 1

Elite [2] Meganobz (40*3), combi-skorcha (5) [125] in transport 2

Elite [3] Meganobz (40*3), combi-skorcha (5) [125] in transport 3
with points being tight not arming them with their rockets meant they were easily killed in combat

Troop [1] Ork boyz with choppa and slugga(6*18), nob upgrade (10), power klaw (25), boss pole (5) [148]

Troop [2] Ork boyz with choppa and slugga(6*18), nob upgrade (10), power klaw (25), boss pole (5) [148]

Troop [3] Ork boyz with shootas (6*17 [102]
once again performed very poor with not having its own nob and power claw

Troop [5] Gretchin (3*10), runtherd (10) [40]

HS[1] Battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), deff rolla (20) [115]

HS [2] Battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), deff rolla (20) [115]

HS [3] Battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), [95]
The 6 battlewagon turned out to be a complete waste of points

Transport [1] battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), deff rolla (20) elites 1 [115]

Transport [2] battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), deff rolla (20) elites 2 [115]

Transport [3] battlewagon (90), big shoota (5), deff rolla (20) elites 2 [115]

So overall I think I learnt a lot and in some ways it definitely brings my game back down to earth, but there is still positives I can take overall.

Although with 1 win and 4 losses were do I find the positives and it's very simple in each of my games that I lost there was a stage where, I felt I could have easily won but it just simply ran out of steam it couldn't stand up with some of the newer books, and the spam vehicle killing ones definitely devastated my army in most of my games that I lost.

Don't get me wrong battlewagon brigade is still a very strong list and I have not lost faith in the concept, it's just 6 battlewagons is a overstretch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...